Wednesday 12 February 2014

Eggless Moist Red Velvet Cake with Vanilla Cream Frosting

 

Moist Red Velvet Cake that too eggless...I made it ..wow..."Surprise" I showed this to my family . My kids said "u r the best mom". "Ummm!!!!  looking good and tasting good. We have a bakery at home" my husband said.

Today is my blog's first anniversary so thought of making something special. My daughter asked me to make this. Couldn't say NO to her but I only had the recipe with egg. But I wanted a eggless cake. Wasn't quite sure about the recipe but made few changes the result is a perfect moist, silky, velvety, smooth ,tasty eggless Red Velvet Cake. 

For Vanilla cream frosting recipe click here .



Dry Ingredients
2 cups Cake Flour 
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder

Wet Ingredients
1 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Yogurt
3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup Hot Water
2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
9 teaspoons Red Food Colour

  1. In a bowl, whisk cake flour, baking soda, baking powder,salt and cocoa powder. In a blender, blend sugar, yogurt and oil. 
  2. Add hot water to the blender and blend for few seconds. Pour these wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl.  Mix and whisk the ingredients well for 5 minutes to make a fluffy, smooth paste. 
  3. Pre heat oven at 180 degrees. Add vanilla essence and red food colour to the bowl.  Mix it well. Grease the pan with a tablespoon of butter and pour the cake mix in it.
  4. After 25-30 minutes, check the texture and run a tooth pick through the cake till the bottom of it. If the cake is done, tooth pick comes out clean. Otherwise keep the pan in the oven for 5 more minutes and check again. Take the pan out of the oven and place it on a rack to cool. Then pass a knife through the edges to easily take the cake out. Turn it upside down and frost it with vanilla cream frosting. 
  5. Serve it chill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your valuable comments here !!!!!!