Potato Curry Sandwich gives sandwich an Indian taste to the standard toasted sandwiches. I make these often for breakfast and lunch boxes. Potato curry stuffing in these sandwiches is easy to make.
Sandwiches are easy to carry and stomach filling. So, made these sandwiches when we went for a picnic during this long easter weekend. We can have these for breakfast, lunch, as a snack and even while traveling in a car.
Ingredients ( Makes 20 )
20 Bread Slices White / Brown
2 - 3 tablespoons Ghee / Butter
For Potato Curry
1 1/2 cup Green Peas
1 1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
1 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
2 teaspoon Oil
- Potato Curry : Boil potatoes in pressure cooker for 3 whistles. Let it cool and remove the skin. Finely chop onions. Heat a pan with oil, add onion, saute till onion turns translucent. Add green peas (I used frozen green peas), salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder.
- Mash potato. Add this to pan, fry for 10 mins.
- Toasted Sandwich : Cut bread diagonally. Heat a pan, melt ghee. Apply ghee on one side bread, keep it on the pan. Toast it for a min.
- Flip it upside down, apply ghee on the other side, toast it for a min. Repeat the same for all the bread slices.
- Put 2 teaspoons of potato curry on a bread slice , spread it all over and cover it with another bread slice. Do the same thing for all pieces.
- Kids will love it .