We eat eggless cakes and this is one of our favourite.
Made this for my Son's birthday. This time we have not invited any guests so just made a thin cake (2 cm height). You can double or triple the quantities to make a big one.
My daughter helped me with the finishing touches. My son was very happy looking at it.
Both my kids learn to bake cookies, cup cakes etc. in their school and they give me so many suggestions. Sometimes I feel they know more than me about baking.
I used Mixie (processor) this time to mix the ingredients and my work has become very easy. Reduced the time and effort of whisking the batter and the Cake is properly, evenly cooked.
1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour / Maida
1 Cup Sugar
2 tablespoon Butter / Ghee
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Yogurt
1 tablespoon Vanilla Essence
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
100 gm Chocolate Frosting
- Pre-heat oven at 190 degrees. Pour Sugar in a processor / Mixie, process/ grind it for a minute to make powdered sugar. Add Butter to it, blend it till it mixes properly (1-2 minutes). Add Milk, blend till the mixture becomes frothy (2 minutes), then add Yogurt and grind again for a minute.
- Add Vanilla Essence, mix and then add sifted All Purpose Flour. Grind till the mixture is completely mixed.
- Now it is time to add Baking Powder and grind for 2 minutes. Add Baking Powder just before pouring the batter in Baking Pan.
- Grease the bottom and the sides of the Baking Pan. Pour the batter into that, shake it a little to evenly spread this batter in the pan.
- Bake it for 40 - 45 minutes. Place a toothpick through the cake till the bottom. Toothpick come out clean when cake is done. Remove it from Oven, cool it on a cooling tray. Turn it upside down to easily remove the cake from pan.
- Stir Chocolate frosting(at room temperature) . Use a kitchen knife, to apply this frosting, first to the sides of the cake and then on the top. I used only 1/4 tin of 450 gm Chocolate Frost.
- Enjoy this spongy, softy Vanilla Sponge Cake. Tastes really good with Chocolate frosting.