Paneer Makhni or Paneer Butter Masala is a Punjabi dish, very popular dish in North Indian Cuisine.
We like any thing made with Paneer and this one specially for its rich gravy.
1 Cup Paneer
2 tablespoons Clarified Butter / Ghee
1 teaspoon Ginger Paste
2 Cardamom / Elaichi
1 Cinnamon Stick / Dalchini
2 Dry Red Chillies
1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
2 tablespoon Yogurt / Curd
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Masala Powder
- Cut Tomatoes and Onions into 1/2 inch pieces. Take these pieces in a pan , pour water to immerse, add cashews and boil it till the water evaporates. Keep it aside to cool.
- Heat a tablespoon of Ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Add Cardamom, Cinnamon Stick and Cloves. When the Cloves turn light brown add Red Chillies and ginger paste.
- Fry the paste till it turns brown. Transfer this and boiled vegetables to a blender and blend it to a smooth paste.
- In the same heavy bottomed pan, add a tablespoon of Ghee and then the blended Tomato Onion Paste. Add Tomato Ketchup and Curd, mix it well. Cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add Salt, Sugar and Masala Powder mix it and add then add Paneer. Cook again for 5 more minutes.
- Paneer Makhni is ready to Serve.