Got bored with Diamond Cuts. So I tried this new recipe today by adding Besan / Chickpea Flour and and Chilli Flakes to Maida / All Purpose Flour. My Family liked it. Chilli Flakes gives extra taste to it. I made stripes instead of Diamond Cuts. Try this Crunchy Spicy Snack.
1 Cup Maida / All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Besan / Chickpea Flour
2 teaspoon Sooji
1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes
2 teaspoon Jeera / Cumin Seeds
2 teaspoon Oil
Approx. 1/2 Cup Water
Oil for deep fry
- In a bowl, add Maida and Besan. Add Jeera , Chilli Flakes , Salt and Oil. Mix all these well.
- Now add Water slowly and make tight dough. Divide the dough into 4 parts and shape them like balls.
- Press the dough ball down, dust it with Besan and flatten it thin like a oval or square with a roller pin. Dust it everytime you press so that it doesn't stick to the roller. Then cut stripes at 1/2 inch thickness.
- Heat Oil for deep fry. When the Oil is hot enough, place 10 stripes in Oil one after the other. Fry these till they turn brown. Remove these onto an absorbant paper.
- Spicy, Crunchy Snack for timepass or tea-time.
Technorati Tags : Spicy Maida Biscuits , Spicy Maida Stripes