Tuesday 17 June 2014

Drumstick Rice Curry




Drumstick Rice Curry... This is my Mom's recipe. This is a very simple curry but tastes delicious. My mom makes this recipe quite often.   

 
My mom stayed with me for few days in SA. We had lots of fun, recollected many old memories and this is one of them. As kids we used to finish it even before it reached the dining table. I asked my mom to make this for me and it tasted as wonderful as it used to be. I had Drumstick Potato curry, Drumstick Tomato Curry many times but this always remained my favorite.



2 Drumsticks
2 tablespoons Rice
3 tablespoons Til / Sesame Seeds
2 Red Chillies
1/2 teaspoon Mustard
3/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 teaspoon Sugar (optional)
1 tablespoon Oil



  1. Soak Rice, Til Dal, 1/4 teaspoon Mustard, Red Chilli in water for 30 mins.
  2. Drain water and blend it with enough water to a smooth paste. Now add 1/2 cup of water to the paste and keep it aside.
  3. Cut mustard to 1 inch pieces. In a pan,  heat oil , add Bengal gram , Black gram, 1/4 teaspoon mustard. When they turn to light brown add red chilli, fry for a min. Then add 1 cup water, drumstick pieces, salt, turmeric powder and sugar, boil it till drumstick becomes soft. 
  4. Now pour rice and til paste to pan, mix it, boil it till water completely evaporates. 
  5. Eat with Rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your valuable comments here !!!!!!