Thursday 28 November 2013

Muri Mixture - Vizag Beach Road Style - India's Street Food

 

Along Vizag's beach road you can see some small stalls selling Muri Mixture and Raw Banana Bajji. My favourite is Muri Mixture which is served in newspaper cones.

I am from Vizag / Visakhapatnam a beautiful coastal city in Andhra , South India. The thought of Vizag makes me feel so good, brings back all old memories. During my college days I used to drive on my two wheeler along beach road with my friends. I still love doing that specially when it lightly drizzles. We used to take a break near any Muri Mixture stall for a while to enjoy Muri Mixture.  

Ocean Waves in front, drops of rain, Muri Mixture in my hand. Its a fantastic feeling!!!
 I am missing Vizag !!!!! 


Want to pack my suitcase right now... but have to wait for few more days to reach there. 
  


Ingredients

4 cups Puffed Rice / Muri
1 Onion
1 Tomato
2 tablespoons Roasted Peanuts
2 tablespoons Chapped Coriander
3/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
2 teaspoons Lemon Extract

  1. Roast Peanuts. Chop Onion, Tomato and Coriander to small pieces. Place all these in a big mixing bowl. Add Red Chilli Powder and Salt. Remove seeds and squeeze Lemon. 
  2. Mix all these well, then Puffed Rice. Mix well and serve immediately.
  3. Enjoy .....Vizag Beach Road Style Bhel Puri - Muri Mixture.  







2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the recipe! I am also most nostalgic about the beach road muri mixture( it must be the salty air and humidity). While there is no substitute for the weather and location, the recipe came close to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. There is nothing like spending evening on the beach. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete

Place your valuable comments here !!!!!!