Monday 13 May 2013

Ghee Toasted Bread

 
 
Can you believe, I never used to eat bread before my marriage not even when I was in US. This was my "fever food" . I never liked it because my Mom used to give me this only when I had fever. After marriage, when I used struggle to make simple breakfast recipes like Upma, Idli  (which are very common in South Indian houses)  and reach office on time in Bangalore (traffic) , my husband suggested me to make this. I forced myself to eat bread then :) . But now, this becomes our Monday Morning breakfast as I can't wake up early on Monday (Monday morning blues....).
 

Ingredients

Bread Slices
Ghee
 
  1. Cut Bread slices diagonally. Heat a pan. Melt Ghee. If you are using a steel ghee pot place it directly on the pan to melt Ghee.  Place Bread slices on the pan, apply ghee all over the slices and turn them upside down. After a min apply on the other side too.
  2. Turn bread bread slices upside down again. After a min remove from pan and serve. Repeat this and make as many as you want.
  3. Kids will love it and easy to make. Tastes a bit different from regular Bread, Butter and Jam.

2 comments:

  1. Usually it is known as something made for kids. Ghee toast is actually a classic. It needs a moderately hot tawa on a slow heat. The Ghee needs to be melted so that it can be spooned liberally on to the bread. Once the bread is about to brown spoon ghee on to it. Sprinkle salt and keep roasting it till it is crisp and golden brown. Take it off the fire and let it stand to cool it. Serve with green coconut chutney and jam. Best for rainy days and afternoon tiffin. The chutney gives it a twist and makes it a classic!

    Use white bread ... and not to worry everything is health! I can argue for the benefits of ghee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and suggestions.

      Delete

Place your valuable comments here !!!!!!